RemObjects Code-name “Iodine” (Java)
RemObjects Iodine – currently in early beta/preview – extends the Elements family of languages to a fourth member by adding support for the Java 8 Language.
In a mixture of our goals with own Oxygene language, and more similar to our C# and Swift implementations, our aim with the Iodine compiler front-end is to stay close and true to the Java language, but taking it to the next level by making it more modern.
Iodine is currently available experimentally as part of the [Elements 9](/Versions/Elements 9) release. It is not officially supported yet, but you can try it out by simply adding
.java files to your Elements projects. Fire already includes some project and file templates for Iodine.
- (External Links to Java Tutorials not specific to Iodine)
- in Iodine
- Work with Iodine in Fire on Mac
- Work with Iodine in Visual Studio on Windows
- The four Platforms — .NET, Java/Android, Cocoa and Island
- Sugar — An optional cross-platform base library
- EUnit — A cross-platform unit testing framework