As you would expect from the name, the RemObjects C# language is basically pretty much exactly the C# language you may already know and love from your work with Microsoft's Visual C# on .NET or with Xamarin and Mono.
Different from our own Oxygene language, where we add new and exciting language features frequently, our aim with the RemObjects C# compiler front-end is to stay as close and true to the C# language as possible, and to adhere to the official C# standard as described in the EMCA specification and as implemented in the de-facto standard C# compilers.
The RemObjects C# compiler will evolve as the official C# language evolves, but our goal is not to drive the C# language forward (and diverge from the standard) ourselves, but rather to provide a compiler and language for .NET, Cocoa and Java that will feel like "true C#" to everyone familiar with the language.
That said, RemObjects C# does adds a few features to the standard C# language to make it fit better on all the platforms it supports. These are covered under Language Extensions.
- Learn C# (External Links to C# Tutorials not specific to RemObjects C#)
- Language Extensions in RemObjects C#
- Work with RemObjects C# in Fire or Water on Mac and Windows
- Work with RemObjects C# in Visual Studio on Windows
- The four Platforms — .NET, Java/Android, Cocoa and Island
- Elements RTL — An optional cross-platform base library
- EUnit — a cross-platform unit testing framework