RemObjects Gold (Go Language)
RemObjects Gold brings the Go language to the Elements platforms.
The goal for Gold is not to provide a full app development solution for all the platforms, as the Go language has many (purposeful) limitations that we would have to accommodate for with Language Extensions, which we do not want to do at this stage. For example, Go does not even have support for classes, which are crucial for most GUI frameworks.
The intended use for Gold is mainly to allow to bring in existing libraries to use in applications (in particular on Island, where the OS-native APIs are often limited and low-level), and/or to allow simple Go-language code to be compiled as part of a larger project in one of the other languages.
- Learn Go (External Links to Go Tutorials not specific to Gold)
- Language Extensions in Gold
- Work with Go in Fire or Water on Mac and Windows
- Work with Go in Visual Studio on Windows
- The four Platforms — .NET, Java/Android, Cocoa and Island
- Elements RTL — An optional cross-platform base library
- EUnit — A cross-platform unit testing framework
- Get set up with Fire on Mac
- Get set up with Water on Windows
- Get set up with Visual Studio on Windows
- Gold Discussion Forum on Talk