RemObjects Silver (Swift Language)
RemObjects Silver implements Apple's Swift language, which you might already be familiar with from working with it in Xcode for your iOS or Mac projects. Silver takes it a step further by also targeting the .NET and Java platforms (in addition to iOS and Mac).
Different from our own Oxygene language, where we add new and exciting language features frequently, our aim with the Silver compiler front-end is to stay as close and true to the Swift language as possible, and to follow where Apple takes the Swift language with their own compiler.
The RemObjects Silver compiler will evolve as the official Swift language evolves, but our goal is not to drive the Swift language forward (and diverge from Apple's standard) ourselves, but rather to provide a compiler and language – for .NET, Cocoa and Java – that will feel like "true Swift" to everyone familiar with the language.
That said, RemObjects Silver does adds a few features to the standard Swift language to make it fit better on all the platforms it supports. These are covered under Language Extensions. It also has a few notable differences and limitations, as covered under Differences and Limitations.
- Learn Swift (External Links to Swift Tutorials not specific to Silver)
- Language Extensions in Silver
- Work with Silver in Fire or Water on Mac and Windows
- Work with Silver in Visual Studio on Windows
- The four Platforms — .NET, Java/Android, Cocoa and Island
- Elements RTL — An optional cross-platform base library
- EUnit — A cross-platform unit testing framework